Click here to download Trail Rider Sponsor forms for 2014
Click here to download Trailer Rider Participant Package
CHAMP at Good Hope Farm, South Hero, Vermont
Arrive at 9:00 a.m. to “hit the trail” at 10:00 a.m.
On Saturday, September 13, Champlain Adaptive Mounted Program will host the CHAMP 18th Annual Benefit Trail Ride in beautiful South Hero.
In addition to being a wonderful opportunity to spend the day enjoying the scenic beauty of the Lake Champlain Islands, the Trail Ride is a key source of funding for CHAMP.
Why does CHAMP need to raise money? Did you know riders pay only 25% of the actual cost of the lesson? The remaining 75% is raised by our fundraisers and grants. Think of the four legs of a horse - riders pay for one leg and CHAMP needs to raise money to support the other three legs! We hope you will be excited about helping us raise funds so we can continue to offer fun and therapeutic lessons at low cost to all our riders.
The only requirement for a rider to participate in the Trail Ride is that they raise pledges totaling $100 or more. These riders will also receive a CHAMP Trail Ride T-shirt, and a great lakeside picnic lunch. Riders collecting over $250 will be qualified for additional prizes. All money and pledge forms must be turned in by the morning of the Trail Ride on September 13, 2014.
Trail Ride participants must bring a current negative coggins and rabies certificate for your horse. We encourage all riders to wear an ASTM-approved riding helmet.
Please consider participating in our Annual Benefit Trail Ride. You'll see why riders return year after year for this fun event. With your help, we can continue to change lives, one ride at a time.
If you have any questions please call Jean at (802) 372 4087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHAMP Re-accredited by PATH International
CHAMP has received confirmation that the program and facility has been re-accredited as a Premier Accredited therapeutic Riding Center by the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International - PATH Intl. This is the highest level of review from the organization that sets the standards for therapeutic riding in the United States and internationally.
An all day site visit by a review team was conducted in November 2013 to assess the facility, the riding program and our compliance with all national policies and procedures. Re-accreditation visits are required every five years. CHAMP has maintained Premier Accreditation status for more than 15 years. Our CHAMP staff and instructors work very hard to meet and comply with PATH Intl standards and to prepare for the site visits. PATH Intl granted CHAMP re-accreditation for five more years.
Congratulations to CHAMP, our staff and instructors !
2014 Spring, Summer & Fall riding
RIDING SESSION DATES:
have been updated and are listed on our PROGRAMS page.
have been updated and are listed on our CAMPS page.
View Our Riding, Camps & Events Calender
JUNE 21, 2014
3rd annual Memorial Horse Show, hosted by CHAMP at Good Hope Farm
"When you live with physical, mental or emotional challenges, your world is full of things you can't do. That's what makes the CHAMP Memorial Horse Show so special. Once a year, these riders get to experience something they rarely do — competing and winning!"
The 17th Trail Ride was a success and much enjoyed by the all. It was a lovely crisp day through woods and fields and everyone had a great lunch at Eagle Camp. Many volunteers worked hard to prepare for and support the Ride. Champ is especially grateful to the S. Hero landowners who once again opened their land for the ride, and to the businesses who donated food and prizes. Riders raised over $11,000 for CHAMP.
View Our Photo Gallery
CHAMP is a non-profit, volunteer driven, PATH Premier Accredited Center providing year round horse assisted activities and therapy with dignity and respect for all.
CHAMP adapts and develops programs to meet the needs of children and adults with physical, cognitive, emotional and behavioral challenges.
CHAMP works in partnership with other organizations to develop specialized programs.
CHAMP aspires to be a sustainable center and a leader in therapeutic horse assisted activities.