top of page

Make a Donation to CHAMP

Riders pay only 25% of the actual cost of their lessons.  The remaining 75% is raised by fundraisers,  grants, and the generosity of the many people and organizations who donate to the program. Think of the four legs of a horse – riders pay for one leg and CHAMP needs to raise money to support the other three legs!

We are very grateful to accept your tax deductible contribution of cash, materials or services to help support our many programs.

Please make checks payable to “Champlain Adaptive Mounted Program” and mail to:

CHAMP at Good Hope Farm

57 East Shore Road

South Hero,  VT  05486

OR click a button below to make a secure  one-time donation using PayPal:

Be a CHAMP Horse Friend

Our CHAMP horses are friends and therapists to our riders. They give of themselves every day, providing a strong back to ride on and a non judgmental, patient and supportive presence. The fees we charge for therapeutic riding do not cover the cost of caring for the CHAMP horses. The price of feed, bedding, blankets, foot care, and vet bills keeps rising. Help us to keep our horses fed, comfortable and healthy and show them how loved they are by making a monthly donation to CHAMP as a HORSE FRIEND.

 When you become a CHAMP HORSE FRIEND a sign identifying you and/or your child as a HORSE FRIEND will be posted on the stall of the horse you chose to support. If you would like a picture of “your horse” we will have one for you.

Please consider becoming a CHAMP HORSE FRIEND. As little as $10.00 a month will help and your support at any level will be greatly appreciated. You can sign up to be a CHAMP HORSE FRIEND by contacting Jean at the barn or clicking a Donate button below to make a monthly donation.


CHAMP horses always come through for us. Will you help care for them? 

Become a CHAMP Volunteer

CHAMP provides horse back riding experiences for children and adults with a wide range of physical, cognitive and emotional challenges. Many volunteers are needed to groom and tack up the horses and then be either a horse leader or a side walker. Experience with horses is beneficial but not necessary, we will train you. The minimum age for working directly with our special riders is 14. Younger volunteers may participate with prepping the horses and holding horses between lessons. Volunteers may apply their hours towards high school or college community service requirements.

This is an opportunity to give time to those who are challenged and to work with horses. Volunteers also get exercise as you will need to be able to walk or jog with the horses. We also need people to organize and record the lesson results which doesn’t require physical activity.

If you aren’t able to help in the program directly, there are many other opportunities for volunteering. We always have maintenance and barn chores to be done like putting up hay or carpentry or gardening. You may not be able to be at the barn but you still can help. We need people to organized events, write grant proposals, help with fundraising activities, etc.

The smiles on the faces of the riders will reach right out and touch your heart. It’s a very rewarding experience. Please join us and help the riders have a safe, fun experience at CHAMP.

Volunteer time at CHAMP qualifies for Community Service requirements. To download the Volunteer Application Form and other forms, visit the Schedules and Forms page.

Contact us at 802-864-7253 or email for more information about volunteer opportunities at CHAMP.

Donate Services or Goods

Do you have skills, equipment or materials that could help CHAMP?  The CHAMP Program has benefited from generous donations in kind from many organizations.

Here are some ways you can help:

  • Gather your friends and donate a part of a day to help CHAMP with a special project – fix a fenceline, weed the garden, help with carpentry repairs, tackle the cobwebs, catch up with the weedwacking, clean saddles and bridles.

  • Donate gently used horse or farm equipment.

  • Offer mulch or other expendable materials


Volunteer time at CHAMP qualifies for Community Service requirements. Donations of materials are tax deductible.

Contact us 802-372-4087 or email to make a donation of services or goods.

Make A Donation
Horse Friend
Donate Goods
bottom of page